01 Sep Green Bean Casserole
What I love about casseroles is that you can prepare them in advance. So when you have some friends or family over for dinner, you don’t have to be in the kitchen all the time. And you can clean up your cooking mess before the guests arrive, so you don’t have to that after a cozy evening (and you can make a good impression on your guests with your clean kitchen, in case that’s something you’d worry about).
This recipe is a favorite in our family for as long as I can remember. My mom used to make it and when I moved out, I scribbled it down on two small pieces of paper. They’ve been in this scrap-cookbook of mine ever since.
Ingredients 4 pers.
350 gr of green beans
200 gr of ham
150 gr of bacon (in small pieces)
125 ml of sour cream
250 gr of grated cheese
400 gr of baby potatoes
2 tsp paprika powder
- Pre-heat your oven at 200°C. Prepare your ingredients. Cut the edges of the beans and divide them into halves. Slice the tomatoes, chop the onions. Cut the bacon in small strips and the ham in cubics (when they’re not prepackaged that way).
- Grease your oven dish and cover the bottom with slices tomato.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in just enough water until they are bite ready. Pour off the water.
- Fry the bacon with the onion until the bacon is crisp and the onion glassy.
- Add the bacon/onion mix to the beans and stir gently. Next, add the ham and again stir gently.
- Put the whole mix on top of the tomatoes in the oven dish.
- Mix the sour cream, the eggs and the paprika powder into a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the bean mix and cover the whole dish with the grated cheese.
- Put in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Serve with small potatoes.